Fodor's Essential South Africa
with the Best Safari Destinations and Wine Regions
Fodor's Travel Guides
- A comprehensive Travel Smart section provides all the important nuts and bolts information about traveling to and in South Africa, as well as helpful South African phrases and sample itineraries.
- Fun, color-photo listicles on topics including what to eat and drink, where to stay, and what to buy.
- Numerous new hotels are planned for 2021/2022
- The COVID-19 pandemic in 2020 and 2021 caused a steep drop-off in tourism to many destinations, but domestic travel has already begun to return to normal levels. The number of Americans traveling is expected to increase further in late 2021 and into 2022.
- U.S. citizens are currently permitted to enter South Africa with a negative COVID-19 test taken in the past 72 hours (PCR). On arrival, they must present a paper copy of the test signed by the person who administered the test. All travelers must complete a screening form within 48 hours of their trip to produce on their device at the airport.
- New front cover has eye-catching full-bleed images with key selling points on the front
- New back cover is fully-redesigned
- “Best of” Lists will visually engage the reader and provide an overview of the entire destination (best things to eat, see, do, drink, as well as what to read and watch before going)
- Visually focused with more color and images including more full and half-page images throughout and color-coded category icons
- Other useful features including Great Itineraries, Calendar of Events, What to Know Before You Go, How to Spend Your Layover in Johannesburg, and more
- “Travel Smart” (logistical planning tips section) now at the front of the book and redesigned to be more infographic in feel
- Stronger Voice and Opinions give all Fodor's guides more personality. Books are more friendly and conversational in tone, going beyond informational to being inspirational
CURATED AND RELEVANT:
- Focused coverage on only the best places so travelers can make the most out of their limited time.
- Carefully vetted recommendations for all types of establishments and price points.
- Shortened reviews presented with brevity and focus.
Please see additional key selling points in the book’s main description.