HBR Guide to Smarter Networking (HBR Guide Series)
Harvard Business Review
A compilation Guide that will help readers network better to grow in their roles, find new jobs, and launch their ideas. The articles in this Guide will provide key insights and practical advice, tips, and tools from a variety of HBR experts to help managers and employees:
- Connect with connectors.
- Nourish relationships through give and take.
- Get the most out of conferences—in-person or virtual.
- Use your limited networking time wisely.
- Maintain loose ties over long periods.
- Emphasize quality of contacts over quantity.
- Gain confidence in networking.
- Get outside of their comfort zone to build a diverse network.
Audience: Individual contributors, managers, and leaders who want to improve their networking skills, grow their networks, make connections, find business opportunities, and land promotions and new jobs.