How to Recruit, Hire and Retain Great People
Kerry Johnson MBA, Ph.D.
Recruiting, hiring and retaining great people are the most important skill sets any manager can acquire.
With talented and dedicated people, any business can succeed! Without great people, every business will fail. Yet many managers recruit only when they have a job opening, often settling for those who are only “good enough”. Yet hiring the right people is an ongoing process, not a one-time activity.
Did you know that 83% of workers are unhappy with their jobs and that 68% are actively looking for a new career opportunity? Great managers keep in contact frequently with qualified recruits and talk to candidates every 3 months. Poor managers wait until they have a need, and then hire the wrong people!
Unfortunately, many managers often hire those who are most like them instead of who are best suited for the open position. But great managers “hire slow, fire fast." They interview effectively and check the candidate’s past performance before making an offer. How someone produced and behaved in the past is likely how they will produce and behave in the future.
In this book, How to Recruit and Hire and Retain Great People, you will learn:
- The 3-month call script and how you can use it to source great people.
- How to use the 5 Step Bridge to find out each candidate’s needs and goals.
- The 11 key questions and how to weight them to objectively select the right person for the right job
- The 4 Step Training Approach that will help each candidate produce faster results.
- How the Let’s Assume Technique will help you retain great people longer.