The Future and FinTech
ABCDI and Beyond
The Future and FinTech examines the fundamental financial technologies and its growing impact on the Banking, Financial Services and Insurance (BFSI) sectors. With global investment amounting to more than $100 billion in 2020, the proliferation of FinTech has underpinned the direction payments, loans, wealth management, insurance, and cryptocurrencies are heading.
This book presents FinTech from an industrial perspective in the context of architecture and its basic building blocks, e.g., Artificial Intelligence (AI), Blockchain, Cloud, Big Data, Internet of Things (IoT), and its connections to real-life applications at work. It provides a detailed guidance on how FinTech digitalizes business operations, improves productivity and efficiency, and optimizes resource management with the help of some new concepts, such as AIOps, MLOps and DevSecOps. Readers will also discover how FinTech Innovations connect BFSI to the rest of the world with growing interests in Open Banking, Banking-as-a-Service (BaaS) and FinTech-as-a-Service (FaaS).
To help readers understand how FinTech has unlocked numerous opportunities for tapping into the massive substantial group of customers, this book illustrates the massive changes already underway and provides insights into changes yet to come through practical examples and applications with illustrative figures and summary tables, making this book a handy quick reference for all things of FinTech.
- FinTech Innovation and Strategy (Jun Xu)
- The Technical Foundations of FinTech: ABCDI and More (Jun Xu)
- AI Theory and Applications in the Financial Industry (Jun Xu)
- AI Fairness in the Financial Industry: A Machine Learning Pipeline Approach (Jun Xu)
- Knowledge Graphs and its Applications in Finance (Zhiyu Ge)
- Migration from the Traditional Financial Markets to a World of Digital Assets (Philea Chim and Frank Tong)
- Central Bank Digital Currencies: Opportunities and Challenges in the Post-pandemic Era (Steven Hu)
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning in Data Management (Zhiyu Ge)
- Technologies and Strategies to Leverage Cloud Infrastructure for Data Integration (Zhiyu Ge)
- Smart Home for Financial Services: Security, Privacy, and Solutions (Jun Xu)
- Biometrics in FinTech: A Technological Review (Jun Xu)
- DevOps: Speeding up Financial Applications Delivery to the Market (Jihai Zhou)
- DevSecOps: Integrating Security in DevOps for Financial Applications (Jihai Zhou)
- MLOps in the Financial Industry: Philosophy, Practices, and Tools (Jun Xu)
- The Open Banking Ecosystem and its Evolution (Yuling Zhang and Jun Xu)
Readership: Bankers, technical managers and developers, innovation practitioners in financial industry, Entrepreneurs, senior executives, technical managers, product owners in FinTech firms, and professors and students specialising in financial innovation and FinTech.
This is an excellent book, covering the most important technology areas of Fintech: AI, Blockchain, Cloud, IoT, etc. The authors have succeeded in producing self-contained chapters with rich contents, which are accessible to anyone with a good background in engineering.' - Yong XiaManaging Director, Global Head of HSBC Lab
'To stay relevant in this digital era, it is critical for financial service providers to transform digitally using emerging technologies. The Future is Fintech is a must-read guidebook that explains the key concepts, practical applications, and comprehensive case studies to enable any leader to play an effective role in leveraging ABCDI technologies and beyond.' - Zhu Kuang LeeManaging Director, Chief Digital, Data & Innovation Officer, Securities Services, HSBC
- This book provides a technically practical guidance on the FinTech revolution, the disruption, and the innovations and opportunities therein. It helps readers: Get up to speed on the latest Fintech topics; Grasp the market dynamics of the "fintech revolution"; Realize the sector's potential and impact on related industries; Gain expert insight on industry opportunities
- This book brings together the diverse industrial expertise of multiple contributors in a single informative volume, to provide bankers, entrepreneurs and investors with the answers they need to know about FinTech practices
- Practical examples and applications are discussed with near one hundred illustrative figures and summary tables, which makes this book as a quick reference for FinTech