1100 Words You Need to Know + Online Practice
Build Your Vocabulary in just 15 minutes a day!
Rich Carriero, Melvin Gordon, Murray Bromberg
Enhance your vocabulary in just 15 minutes a day with 1100 Words You Need to Know. Relied on by students for 50 years!
Over the years, thousands of students preparing for the SAT, ACT, GRE, and other standardized tests have relied on 1100 Words You Need to Know as an ideal way to strengthen their word power. With this brand-new edition, test prep expert Richard Carriero provides a fully updated and invaluable resource for students—or for anyone who wants to boost their vocabulary.
1100 Words You Need to Know features a weekly program with six words to learn each day and one day for review. With just 15 minutes a day, you’ll learn everything you need to improve your reading, writing, and speaking skills.
This fully revised edition includes:
- Word lists with definitions in all new thematic grouping
- Helpful tips on word roots
- Updated words in context exercises, activities, and quizzes throughout
- An updated pronunciation guide
- Continue your practice with 3 online quizzes plus scoring to test your progress