Endowment Essentials for Museums
A stable and well-managed endowment can be the key to a museum’s financial strength. But how do you establish and maintain an endowment that is right for your organization and its future? With easily accessible language and case studies of real museums to illuminate major points, Endowment Essentials for Museums provides guidance on the establishment and oversight of endowments, including how to:
- Plan for and build an endowment fund
- Create opportunities to grow the endowment through fundraising and investment management
- Incorporate endowment management into institutional planning
- Foster transparency and shared knowledge about endowments between staff, trustees, and community members
- Evaluate and modify endowments accurately and according to best practices.
Attending to endowment management at all stages, incorporating references from across the nonprofit spectrum, and designed to resonate with readers from a variety of backgrounds, Endowment Essentials for Museums invites forward-thinking museum professionals, trustees, and volunteers to enhance their knowledge about the endowments and the integral role it plays in the health of your museum.