Museum Accessibility by Design
A Systemic Approach to Organizational Change
Maria Chiara Ciaccheri
What does museum accessibility mean today? How can it generate impact in museums and in society itself? Where should we begin to take concrete action?
Museum Accessibility by Design: A Systemic Approach to Organizational Change guides readers through the process of designing a museum accessibility strategy. Real world examples, tools, and resources foster implementation.
This book offers a comprehensive exploration of museum accessibility, with
- an up-to-date and critical survey of the discipline;
- a detailed, step-by-step guide on how to set up a rigorous and effective process that promotes accessibility throughout the museum institution;
- tools and suggestions for rethinking accessibility and usability for a diverse range of museum visitors;
- international case studies and best practices; and,
- a full accessibility training course with activities and exercises aimed at fostering an accessible mindset within any institution.
An engaging and accessible resource for university students, museum professionals and researchers, this book speaks to museum professionals of all types, from those just starting out to seasoned experts looking for a comprehensive, multi-faceted look at museum accessibility.