Humanizing Human Capital
Invest in Your People for Optimal Business Returns
Solange Charas, PhD, Stela Lupushor
The work world is changing faster than ever before. Adapting to this new reality without a significant interruption in results is increasingly a top priority for all businesses.
The key to thriving through disruption is understanding and practicing human capital strategies that will drive enterprise performance and value-creation.
In Humanizing Human Capital, renowned business thought leaders Solange Charas, PhD, and Stela Lupushor reframe traditional HR practices into a future-forward strategy to optimize human capital. Charas and Lupushor shift decision-making about people from a gut sense to an evidence-based approach—a critical and much-needed departure from the cross-your-fingers-and-hope-for-the-best approach of most traditional HR programs today.
Humanizing Human Capital reveals a step-by-step method to apply analytics approaches to human capital while anticipating inevitable changes in the workforce landscape. This will enable human capital professionals to generate positive outcomes for all stakeholders and allow management to make decisions that work for the entire enterprise.
With this book’s comparison of “traditional” with the “future-forward” approach to human capital management, case studies, real-world situations, and 20 business principles, you will learn to:
- Adopt a best-evidence versus best-practice approach to decision making
- Shift your thinking so that you view human capital as a crucial investment rather than as a sunk cost
- Identify what needs to change to respond to future pressures and apply critical thinking to create workable solutions
- Balance human capital analytics with the more human-centric elements of people management
- Equip yourself with approaches and tools to interpret the collective voice of the workforce
- Utilize methods to measure and optimize human capital efficiency, increasing your ROI
- Increase value for all key stakeholders, including investors, management, workers, customers, partners, and the community at large
The road ahead may seem unpredictable and even treacherous, but Humanizing Human Capital provides leaders of any organization a new framework to create resilient, responsive, and innovative organizations with tangible and sustainable business results.