No Bullsh!t Leadership
Martin G. Moore
Fine-tune your leadership skills, solidify respect among your workforce, and ensure your company’s lasting success with tools from a winning CEO.
When Martin G. Moore was asked to rescue a leading energy corporation from ever-increasing debt and a lack of executive accountability, he faced an uphill battle. Not only had he never before stepped into the role of CEO; he also had no experience in the rapidly evolving energy sector. Relying on the practical leadership principles he had honed throughout his thirty-three-year career, he overhauled the company’s culture, redefined its leadership capability, and increased earnings by a compound annual growth rate of 125 percent.
In No Bullsh!t Leadership, Moore outlines these proven leadership principles in a clear, direct way. He sweeps away the mystical fog surrounding leadership today and lays out the essential steps for success. Moore combines this tangible advice with honest, real-world examples from his own career to provide a no-nonsense look at the skills a true leader possesses.
Moore’s principles for no bullshit leadership focus on:
· Creating value by focusing only on the things that matter most
· Facing conflict, adversity, and ambiguity with decisiveness and confidence
· Setting uncompromising standards for behavior and performance
· Selecting and developing great people
· Making those people accountable, and empowering them to do their best
· Setting simple, value-driven goals and communicating them relentlessly
Though the steps aren’t easy, they are guaranteed, if implemented, to lift your leadership—and your organization—to a higher level. Wherever you are in your career, No Bullsh!t Leadership will help you develop the skills and form the habits needed to become a no bullshit leader.